May 30, 2007

My first Still Life #2


Flower. The Petal was the hardest, especially on the right flower. 


Kiki. Kiki is the name of the Miyazaki anime. It was the first time to paint stuff doll. I didn't know what to do with the gradation of black.


My bathroom. In Japan, we wash body outside and soak in a tub. There is a space to sit down and wash body under the shower. It was the first casual still life exercise. I enjoyed creating pastel tone.


Silver Water Pot, 14 by 18 inches. The background wasn't so good, but maybe this was my turning point of still life excercises.


Toothbrushes. In this semester, this was the most challenging work that I have done. I was strugging with the details of all the shapes, objects and feeling of the window and color behind it. I cannot wait to learn more advance and contemporary style of still life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write feedback on this site here. (^_^)
コメント感想よろしくお願いします。

Legs and Arm photography 腕と足

Legs and Arm photography  腕と足  Black and white, San Francisco, 2000